Antilia is a private residence in Mumbai, India, that is owned by Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries. The building is one of the most expensive homes in the world, with an estimated cost of $2 billion. It is a 27-story skyscraper that features amenities such as a ballroom, a theater, a spa, and several guest suites.
The building also has several floors dedicated to parking and a rooftop helipad. The house is also equipped with a “floating” garden, six floors of hanging gardens, a health club and a spa, a yoga studio and a dance studio, a spa, a movie theater, and an ice cream parlor. It is also equipped with 3 helipads on the terrace and a 168-car parking garage. It is also equipped with advanced technology like a rainwater harvesting system and solar power generation.
How many years did it take to build Antilia
Construction of Antilia, the private residence of Mukesh Ambani in Mumbai, India, began in 2006 and was completed in 2010. Mukesh Ambani is an Indian billionaire business magnate and the chairman of Reliance Industries, a conglomerate based in Mumbai, India. He is the largest individual shareholder, with a 44.7% stake in the company.
Ambani is considered to be one of the most powerful and influential people in India. He is the son of the late Dhirubhai Ambani, who founded Reliance Industries. Under Mukesh Ambani’s leadership, Reliance Industries has grown to become one of India’s largest and most diversified companies, with interests in petrochemicals, textiles, retail, and telecommunications. Ambani is also the chairman of Reliance Retail, the largest retail company in India, and Reliance Jio, the largest 4G LTE mobile network in India. He is also the world’s 21st richest person and the fifth richest person in Asia with a net worth of $100.7 billion.
10 Facts about Mukesh Ambani’s house Antilia
1. How big is Antilia? Antilia is a 27-story skyscraper located in Mumbai, India. It was designed by the architecture firm Perkins and Will and was completed in 2010.
2. Who owns Antilia? It is the residence of Mukesh Ambani, the chairman and largest shareholder of Reliance Industries, one of India’s largest conglomerates.
3. How much does Antilia costs – The cost of the house is estimated to be around $2 billion, making it one of the most expensive houses in the world.
4. How large is Antilia? The house has a total floor area of over 400,000 square feet, with each floor having an area of around 30,000 square feet.
5. How many floors does Antilia have? It has six floors of parking, a temple, a theater, a gym, a swimming pool, and three helicopter pads. Antilia’s private theater is equipped with a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system and can seat 50 people. The building has two dedicated floors for the Ambani family’s personal use, including a private cinema, and a recreation room.
6. The staff of Antilia – The house has a staff of 600 to maintain it. The building has a separate floor for the domestic staff, which includes a kitchen, a laundry, and a dining area.
7. Energy Efficient – It is one of the most energy-efficient buildings in the world, with features such as rainwater harvesting, solar panels, and a greywater recycling system.
8. There are 9 Elevators in Antilia – The house has nine elevators, including one just for the family, and a personal health club and spa for the Ambani family. Antilia has a garden terrace, which is spread over 4 levels of the building, giving a panoramic view of the city.
9. Antilia’s ballroom, and relaxation area: Antilia also has a ballroom that can accommodate up to 160 guests, several lounges, and a 50-seat dining room. The building also houses a six-story high atrium, which is used as a relaxation area
10. What is the meaning of Antilia: The building is named after a mythical island in the Atlantic Ocean, which is said to be located beyond the “Pillars of Hercules”. It was inspired by the island’s reputation for being a place of abundance and luxury.
Now that you’ve read about Antilia, you might also like reading about 10 most expensive house in the world.